Shaping our environment...
As a multi-discipline firm, we also provide a full range of professional services to meet the needs of both public and private enterprise through all aspects of the planning approvals process. Our collaborative approach to planning has allowed us to serve our client base while providing creative and meaningful solutions to land use issues that benefit the municipality, the neighbourhood and the land owner. The firm’s principal fields of activity include: feasibility studies, policy formulation for Official Plans, OP amendments, Secondary Plans and Community Improvement Plans; preparation, submission and processing of subdivision applications, zone changes, minor variances and severances; preparation of Concept plans and Site Plans; preparation of Development Agreements, Subdivision Agreements, Site Plan Agreements and Zoning By-laws; public consultation and community engagement programs; and appearing as expert witness at Ontario Municipal Board Hearings.
Planning is concerned with the shaping and management of our environment. Planning is a key factor in the practice of sustainable development because it deals with the physical relationships between our economic, social and environmental objectives. Black, Shoemaker, Robinson & Donaldson has been working to maintain and improve standards of land use planning through:
- Policy formulation for Official Plans, Secondary Plans and Official Plan Amendments
- Zone changes
- Subdivision design and applications
- Plans of Condominium
- Development of Site Plans and Concept Plans
- Feasibility Reports and Planning Impact Analysis related to residential, commercial, industrial endeavours
- Public presentations to Planning Committees, Councils and Provincial Ministries
- Preparation of Development Agreements, Site Plan Agreements and Subdivision Agreements
- Document preparation related to final approvals of development projects
- Consent and Minor Variance Applications
- Expert witness at Ontario Municipal Board